Friday, August 29, 2008

My New Favorite Card

Have you ever had a card that utilized all of your favorite things? Well, this is that card for me.

For the LONGEST time, I have been looking for this Memory Box skull and bone stamp. I think I was in a store and saw a sample that just made me fall in love with it. Well, I had a similar experience this Saturday. I was taking a class at Scrapbook Territory, and I watched in slow-motion horror as a girl handed the stamp I'd been looking for to the cashier. Rather than screaming, "Noooooooo!," I sprinted to the stamp section of the store, and lo and behold, there was one left!

Anyway, this is my first card with my new favorite stamp:

















In classic form, there was a slight boo-boo on the way to making this card. I had originally stamped "Ghoulish Greetings" (by A Muse) directly onto the patterned paper "Them Bones" by Cosmo Cricket, but when it didn't show up, I had to get creative. Julie Ebersole has been doing cards for a while now with these cute banners creatively placed, so I thought I'd try that. You know what? I think I actually like it MORE with the banner than if the sentiment had showed up where I placed it. Whoda thunk it?!

No comments: