Friday, August 8, 2008

Hero Arts Cupcake Card

Last night I was hit with a slew of card needs. We got a wedding invitation, someone's birthday is this Saturday, we have three birthday parties coming up the following weekend, my mom's boss has a new grandbaby and I have a couple of thank you notes I need to send for camping. Phew!

I wasn't in the mood for stamping, so I took the time to go back through my pile of already-stamped images. Man, there's some good stuff in there! How is it that I always manage to forget about it?

Here's one I found and made into a card:












This card is going to be for the Saturday birthday girl. The card base is Chantilly Bazzill (still stuck on white card bases--so neutral and ready for color!). The patterned paper is by Creative Imaginations and the cupcake is part of the Clear Cupcake Set by Hero Arts. (I'm still trying to remember who the birthday sentiment is by. . . JFF maybe? I'll update later.)

I think I made the main image back when I first got the set. That set has got to be one of my favorites of all time, 'cause who doesn't like a cupcake? It's like saying, "I don't like parfaits. Everybody likes parfaits!" (Remember that from Shrek?!) Anyway, I digress. I thought the main image looked a little dull, so I colored the flower with my clear Spica, which makes it look love-lee!

The ribbon is by American Crafts. I tried to make a bow, but the bows were flipping the hearts upside down, so I used a technique I saw on Nichole Heady's blog and attached the bow over the top. It worked out pretty well.

One card down, several to go!

No comments: