Friday, June 20, 2008

Sprinkle-y Goodness!

Well, I was able to get one more older project tied up tonight. This one had to do with an old challenge, a Taylor Cupcake Friday challenge, to be exact.

I love Taylor's cupcake challenges for a couple of reasons:
1. She always uses cupcakes, my personal favorite dessert of all time. I have two cupcake carriers because I bake cupcakes for my office so frequently. Someday I'll post some of my decorated cupcakes, but only by special request. ;)
2. Her layouts are AWESOME! There are a few that have really caught my interest (see this post!) and that I refer to again and again for inspiration.

That being said, here is my cupcake card for Challenge 17:


















I got the main image (part of that Stampendous exclusive clear set I got at Archiver's!) all stamped and ribboned really soon after I saw the sketch, but the patterned paper really slowed me down. Turns out all I have is polka dotted paper, and I thought it would clash with my sprinkles. Tonight, I had some time to look around my craft room, and I came across this great paper by Creative Imaginations that I think complemented the colors pretty well. I added some sparkle to my sprinkles with a Spica (say that five times fast!), and there you go. Sprinkle-y goodness!

No comments: