Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Home

This past weekend, Phil and I went up to Oroville to check out his parents' new house. And what a home it is. The place had FIVE bathrooms and its own elevator! How fun is that! When I first heard about the place, I thought they were crazy to get such a grand space (can you imagine having to clean five bathrooms?), but once I got up there and saw how happy it made them and how they planned on retiring there, I couldn't help but be impressed.

Of course, I had to make them a card to celebrate their new home. After I submitted my card to Amy's challenge, I got caught up in her ideas for the latest Papertrey release, Boards and Beams. She had a card at the end of this post that really piqued my interest. I love seeing rows of houses lined up, and her card gave me the idea for a couple of my own. Here's one:















After I adhered everything together, it occurred to me that it probably could've used some ribbon, but oh well. There's always room for that on the next card!

I also used this card to try out a new accessory. I found this floral frog at Smith and Hawken and I thought it would be a good size to showcase cards (so their faces are not always tilted). What do you think?

No comments: