Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm Meeeeeelting!

Okay, not really, but it sure feels like it! We're experiencing a crazy heat wave here in northern California, and it's SO much harder to stamp when you're sweating all over! So, rather than stamping new images, I thought I'd try and put together a couple of older projects. It actually worked out pretty well.

For my first project, I thought I'd make a pocket holder for the free iTunes downloads I've been picking up at Starbucks.













I love iTunes, and I jump on any chance for free music, so going to the 'Bucks once a week is easy for me (and delicious!). While I'm there, I always grab a couple extra for my two best girlfriends, 'cause hey, everyone needs good music! Did you know that a few weeks ago they gave away the music video for "Mercy" by Duffy? It's just starting to get radio play, and I absolutely love it! Her sound is a throwback to old times, like Amy Winehouse, but with fewer drug stories in the press. ;)

ANYWAY, here's what I came up with:

















I started by coloring the Rock Star by Amuse in crazy colors. I love that he's a little out of the normal color scheme, and I think my friend Kat will really like him too. Here's his friend, the conservative rocker:


















To me, every traditional rocker should have a red guitar. I guess it's in homage to the true Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar, but to me it just makes sense.

Both guys were colored with Copics and their guitars were glammed up with Spicas. With a little Judikins Diamond Glaze to give their guitars some power, they were ready to rock out! I drew in the music notes to give them sound, too.

Rock on people, rock on!

P.S. If you want to see another approach to packaging these free cards, check out Linda's.

No comments: