Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Love A Good Challenge!

I have been an admirer of Amy Rysavy's work for more than a year now. I first found her blog through Amuseapalooza, and I just fell in love with her simple style. She ended up becoming the Amuseapalooza Ambassador last year, and this year, she was asked back to host a challenge. You can find more information about the challenge here.

About a month ago, Amy had actually done a card very similar to this that I had been wanting to case. It involved bees from Papertrey instead of Amuse stamps, but I thought the idea was simple and stylish. So, I gave it a go.

















I had no idea how complicated the alignment part would be! I measured off my square (4 inches), then made Xs at 1 inch and 3 inches. I popped those out of the blue paper with my 1 3/8 punch, then made littler circles with my 1 1/2 punch. I cut out a white piece of paper that was 4x4, then used a pencil to draw the circles. I used my Stampamajig to align each ice cream, then masked the other two sundaes each time I stamped one. I colored them with Copics, added red twinkle dots, and adhered the two papers together using pop dots. Then, the whole thing went on a square Amuse notecard. Phew! Mission accomplished!

No comments: