Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Busy Sunday!

Well, it seems that Sundays are my new day for stamping! I love it! I was over on Taylor's blog and found the greatest sketch ever! (You can see it here.) Anyway, I got into the groove and made THREE cards with the same sketch! The way I figure it, I always need birthday cards, so why not try to mass-produce some? Wanna see them?


















This one I did at about 4am this morning. No kidding! Last night, I fell asleep at about 8pm (intending to take a nap), but stayed asleep until 2:30am! Needless to say, when I woke up, I was rarin' to go! I tried to go back to sleep, but all I could think about was stamping, so I made this card. It's going to a male co-worker whose birthday is this Saturday. Hope he likes it!

I'm particularly proud of those buttons. See them over there on the left? Well, as you'll see in later cards, I only have white buttons. But, I didn't think they showed up well enough on my green dot paper (by Memory Box). So, I tried to color them with my Copics. I wasn't thrilled with the result (the color didn't coat as evenly as I would have liked), but they match! How great is that! (Note to self: Buy more embellishments in different colors!)

This next one I did for my friend's daughter. It's her birthday today! I'm thrilled I got the card done, but now the challenge is how to get it to her before midnight. Yikes! Anyway, you'll see the resemblance:


















I think the pink really changes it up and makes it look girly though, and you'll see the original color of the buttons. The white worked just fine on this card IMHO.

My third card was the one I originally thought of when I saw Taylor's sketch on Friday. I had stamped the focal image and sentiment ages ago, but I couldn't figure out how I wanted it to go on a card because I liked it so much. It sat in my stamped images pile for a couple of weeks at least, but when I saw this sketch I knew it would be perfect. Problem was, I'd forgotten where I'd put it! After doing the first two cards, I figured I should probably spend some time cleaning my craft room, and voila! there it was. I think this one will be my official entry for Taylor's challenge, because it actually has a cupcake on it!














Now, I'm back to the craft room. I wonder how many more cards I can do today!

Supplies: all notecards by Memory Box. Card #1: Memory Box paper, Hero Arts stamps, colored with Willow, Sand, and Orientale Copics. Card #2: Image by Hero Arts, sentiment by Saltbox Studio, pp unknown, colored with Sand and Orientale Copics, Pink Prismacolor. Card #3: Stamps by Hero Arts, paper by Doodlebug, colored with various Copics and Prismacolors.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

You're an over-achiever! :) Three great cards with one sketch! Awesome! Thanks for playing the challenge!