Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thanks Berry Much!

Good morning, and happy hump day! I'm loving this short week, which is being made even shorter by an off Friday. Woohoo for that!

Anyway, here is one of the cards I had been working on this weekend and finally got a chance to finish. It's based on Tracy's Sketchy Thursday sketch. I haven't played in forever, and I just had to get back into it, especially because yesterday was her blogoversary. Congrats on another great year of blogging Tracy!

Here's the sketch:



















And here's my card (I turned the sketch on its side):


















Isn't this paper adorable? I remember reading somewhere (Update: It was Jennifer McGuire that loved it too! You can read about it here.) that Doodlebug's new line was really cute, but it wasn't until I got to my LSS that I actually got to see and fall in love with it myself! Here's the paper I used today, but I also got this one and this one and this one. Yum!

The letter stamps are by A Muse and stamped with green Colorbox chalk ink. I hand-lettered the rest of the sentiment with a Creative Memories black pen. For some reason, I always like the way handwritten lettering looks on other people's cards, but I never quite like the way it turns out on mine. I dotted the scallops I made using my SU! scallop punch (love that punch!) with a white gel Signo pen. The strawberry is by Stampendous and colored with Copics.

Well, I'm off. Work is throwing me some big projects this week, and I'm busy at home with the puppy, so I'd better get working or I'll have no time left for stamping!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sooooooo lovin' this card Teresa. It is VERY cute. And your handwriting is perfect. Great job. And YES this paper is too stinkin' cute. I bought some too recently. I'm a sucker for anything from Doodlebug. Thanks for playing along with this week's challenge.
Hugs,
Tracy