Monday, May 11, 2009

Seattle Recap

A few weeks ago, I took a quick weekend trip up to Seattle with my mom. I had heard about the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, and I wanted to check it out for myself. Plus, on previous trips to Seattle I've discovered that there are a TON of cool craft places up there, so of course we had to check those out too.

First, the Tulip Festival:















The Tulip Festival was cute and had a great hometown feel. We started at the Street Festival, had lunch at Calico Cupboard (a bakery/sandwich place, yum!), and then went out to the fields. They weren't quite blooming yet, but we got the effect at the two show places that were open. I also managed to get lost driving around the fields, but we eventually found our way out!

The next day it was all about touristing around Seattle. We went to the original Starbucks store at Pike Place Fish Market:














And then drove across town to Trophy Cupcakes to try some of their delicious beauties:



















But of course, my favorite reason for going up to Seattle is the crafty culture. It seems to me that Seattle has more rubber stamp stores and other craft stores than the San Francisco Bay Area, so of course when I was in town I had to take advantage. In all, I think we hit up about eight craft-oriented stores (including four that we hit up on the way to the Tulip Festival). I think my mom would point out that I did too much shopping!

There is one store though, that always has my heart:














A Muse! We got to check out their new digs and see all the fun new stuff they're coming out with. I also spent waaaaayyyy too much time playing with their AccuCut die cutting machine. Luckily, Linda's mom Vi was there to keep me company and we had a great time chatting. I wish I'd gotten a picture with you, Vi!

It was a great weekend trip that was over too quickly. I can't wait to get back up there to see and do more!

No comments: