Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Teacher Appreciation

Did you know that last week was National Teacher Appreciation Week? I didn't, until the ever-clever Geeta started posting all of these amazing ideas on her blog. I don't have any children, but I can definitely get behind the idea of appreciating teachers, especially since I know some personally. It turns out that several of my friends have become teachers, and best of all, they have all ended up teaching together at my old grade school. How funny is that? Anyway, I thought I should do something to let them know how glad I am that they became teachers.

I saw this post on the Paper Garden Blog, and the bagged cookie idea seemed the most fun. I don't know anyone that can make cookies as cute as those apples, so I had to resort to classic chocolate chip cookies. Not as cute but equally delicious!

I made up oversized tags for each bag, stamped them with the schoolhouse from the A Muse Simple Celebrations set and each teacher's name (using that same alphabet stamp set from last post). I used embroidery floss and gingham ribbon to tie them onto the cellophane bags, and then wrote a personal note on the back.

Easier than apple pie!












No comments: