Monday, June 29, 2009

Now That's More Like It!

This weekend finally felt like summer. The temperatures went over 100 degrees both days, and the days were filled with activity. I didn't get a chance to make any cards, but here's what I did manage to do.

On Friday, we did something I've been meaning to do for the longest time--we put up lights in our backyard! I always love dining al fresco under lights, and I thought it would be fun to bring the same experience home. So, we put up 5 strings of lights. Now we just have to find the time to eat outside and enjoy them!














On Saturday, I went on my annual blackberry-picking excursion. We drove 2.5 hours down the coast, almost to Santa Cruz to Swanton Berry Farm. We picked almost 8 pounds of berries, and then jumped over to their new strawberry field and picked little green baskets of those. I love picking my own produce!



































Saturday night we went to the Sonoma-Marin Fair to see Bret Michaels. I have to admit, I know him more for his show Rock of Love than for his original band, Poison, but he really won me over. He was energetic and seemed to be genuinely happy to be performing and he even sang a couple covers, like "Sweet Home Alabama." Of course, he did also sing, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."


















On Sunday, Phil and I went up to a college art show (mandatory for the class he's taking), and then went to the mall to grab some lunch and pick out my anniversary present, a new pair of *fancy* sunglasses. Then it was back home to bake the blackberries into pies (7 pounds equals 6 pies!), and then drove around delivering them to family and friends. It's one of my favorite summer traditions.














We rounded out the weekend by celebrating our second wedding anniversary a day early with dinner at the Melting Pot.

Unfortunately, my posting will probably be a bit sporadic the next couple of weeks. Between the 4th of July and camping and prep for summer camp, I don't anticipate much time for stamping.

So, happy summer and hope to see you again soon!

No comments: