Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's A Jungle Party!

Good morning!

As promised, here's another card using Jen del Muro's SFYTT.

Today's card came about as a result of trying to use up my scraps. I've generously been given a coffee table with shallow drawers to keep all of my stamping stuff in while I'm watching TV and hanging out in the living room. The problem is, I am already starting to overfill the drawers with paper scraps! Sometimes I have imperfectly colored images, duplicates, or just things in colors that don't go with the card I'm working on.

So, I'm (again!) resolving to try and make something out of those scraps immediately, or just give up and throw them away. I'm such a hoarder. (sigh)














The main panel on this card was a leftover piece that I had lying around. The giraffe was already stamped on it, but I thought it would be fun to add the grass around him. Then I thought, "Why not a birthday giraffe?" and this card was born.

The card base was another scrap that I had lying around, and the patterned paper is by Making Memories. The hat and the grass is by A Muse, the giraffe is part of a clear set by Hero Arts, and the sentiment is by Denami Designs.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: