Monday, July 21, 2008

My New Favorite Drink!

Hi, and happy Monday! I figured I'd try and beat the Monday blues by talking about my new favorite drink.

A couple of weekends ago, I discovered a great recipe for sangria. First off, I should say that I am no conoisseur of fine mixed beverages. In fact, I rarely drink at all.

But, I fell in love with the sangria served at one of those big Italian restaurant chains. It was sweet and fruity, with just enough alcohol to prove that it means business! I Googled the restaurant name and "sangria" and this recipe came up. Just like the drink I get at the restaurant, this tastes more like a fruit punch than a sangria. But, that's what I love about it!

We modified the actual recipe a bit, and it turned out great.

Sangria

1.5 liters red table wine (I tried Lambrusco)
1 cup grenadine
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1.25 cups sweet vermouth
.5 cup sugar and .5 cup of water mixed together
a basket of strawberries, cut into thirds
a couple of peaches, sliced

Mix it all together in a 1+ gallon container, then put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Then pour it into a glass, top it with the soaked fruit, and drink up!

I hope you like it!

No comments: