Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fishbowl Fun!















Here's my second entry for the last Amuseapalooza challenge, to make a card for a kid. It didn't turn out like I thought it would, and it's not super-exciting or clever, but for some reason, I still really, really like it. I guess it's true what they say about A Muse: Think simple.

The green notecard is by Memory Box and cut down to a square size. (Note to self: Buy more notecards!) The patterned paper is a Pretty Little Paper by Amuse. The dirt, blue water and fishbowl papers were all punched using my blue Super Jumbo round punch. I then used my Fiskars scallop scissors backward to make waves for my fish tank. Mr. Fish was paper-pieced using an orange scrap, and the crab was stamped and colored over with red Spica. I stamped the sentiment with Brilliance Graphite Black and added a little bit of A Muse surf ribbon to hide my paper seam.

I'm looking forward to participating in the Amuse Addicts SOTW and Card challenges, so stay tuned for those!

No comments: