Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Last Three

Here are my last three cards for Geeta's pocket card challenge.













I love how this card turned out. I was thinking about Mary Engelbreit, with the cherries and all, and the card just kind of came together. I think I'll probably use this as a gift topper.












After four cards, I was starting to lose my mojo, so I thought a complete change of theme was in order. I dug into my Christmas stamps (hidden in a box under my desk except during the season), and found this reindeer cutie. His little lights are colored with Stickles, and he's colored with Copics. The paper is Memory Box and Bazzill.










And this last one was entirely emotionally driven. On Sunday, Phil and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We spent the day thinking about our wedding a year ago and talking about the highs and lows of marriage. (Luckily, my constant need to stamp wasn't mentioned!) Anyway, it reminded me of how much I love him, and this card just sort of came together after that. The hearts on the box are colored with red Stickles, and I used a row of gemstones under the sentiment to add some interest. Usually, I'd freak out about using my precious stones, but when you're in love you've gotta go all out, so I figured I should bling it up a bit. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

And last but not least, here we are on our anniversary. We splurged and had fondue for dinner. It was very romantic and very delicious. Love you honey!








This week, we'll be going on the annual family camping trip to the Russian River so it'll be quiet around here for a while. But, when I get back, it'll be time for the Amuseapalooza main event! I can't wait!!!

No comments: