Monday, March 23, 2009

Tons of Love

In an attempt to curtail spending, I'm working on inking up all of my recent purchases that haven't seen ink yet. It's like shopping in my craft room, which makes not shopping a little more tolerable.

One of my recently purchases was a sentiment by A Muse, which (gasp!) doesn't even appear to be the website anymore. I guess it's a collector's item now, eh?

Here's the card:












You would not believe how many versions of this card I went through. I stamped the elephants once, and colored them in a blue that was too dark. Then, I got the color right, but I had added grass, which didn't go with the rest of the card. Then, the thread for the buttons was too thin and again too short. I just couldn't catch a break! But in the end, I love how this card came out.

I got the button idea from this post by Nichole Heady, and I think it's a good one. My default is to tie knots, but with the hearts on the ribbon all pointing the same direction, it was impossible to tie a knot with the hearts all going the right way, and this did the trick nicely.

The card base was paper I picked up at Archiver's in Indianapolis, the patterned paper by Memory Box, the images and sentiment by A Muse, the button by Basic Grey, and the hearts drawn by moi!

Have a love-ly day!

No comments: