Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

After I finished the card from my last post, I still had one of the "mistake" images sitting on my desk (the one with the grass). I hate to throw anything away, so I decided to see if I could change it into something more usable. I grabbed my Extra Jumbo Marvy punch and got to work. Here's the result:














The gray panel is popped up, and the punched out images are behind them. I got the idea to do this from Jennifer Maguire of Hero Arts. You can see her video on this technique here. The hardest part of the whole thing was getting the punched circles to line up behind the circular windows.

I love that I got to clean my desk by re-purposing something from my previous card. Now, what can I do with my gray circles. . .hmmm. Stay tuned!

No comments: