Tuesday, October 7, 2008

World Card Making Day Recap!

Hey there, and happy Tuesday! How did we get here so fast? My week started out with so much craziness that I haven't had a chance to blog about World Card Making Day until now. Well, let's fix that, shall we?

On Saturday, my mom and I got up early and drove down to Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley. Wendy Johnson (of PaperCrafts fame) was there to teach a free make-and-take in honor of the day.

We got to make three cards, and all of the kits had extra supplies to make more on our own. Here's the first one:











This one was courtesy of Cornish Heritage Farms. The best part was that the three VersaColor inks and all of the stamps we used (the star and the sentiment set) were given to every student as freebies! This was a really beautiful and classy card. Not my usual style, but I loved it!

This next one was courtesy of PaperCrafts and shows off their cute and simple look:













And this last one was courtesy of Pink Paislee:
















There were drawings for prizes, and I won one of Wendy's original creations, which is just beautiful. Of course, we had to take a group picture:









Wendy is close to the middle in the white shirt, and I'm to the right in a black t-shirt. My mom is to the right of me.

And of course, since I'm an uber-nerd, I brought the October issue of PaperCrafts and had her sign it:












I was really inspired by Wendy. She was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and friendly, and she has taken her papercrafting to the next level. It was amazing to be in the presence of a real PC Pro, and it gave me hope. I asked her if she had any tips to someone that has yet to be published, and she said to just keep submitting and don't give up.

Hope you had a great World Card Making Day too!

No comments: