Sunday, October 12, 2008

Anybody Want an Apple?

This weekend, we took a mini-adventure and drove up to Sebastopol, CA to get some apples. Walker Apple Farm had been recommended to me by a friend, and when we arrived, we weren't disappointed. The place had more than 50 acres of apple trees!


Here's a tractor, surrounded by trees:













Apples for all!














What a good deal!

















Some of the last ones on the tree:














I was disappointed that we didn't get to pick our own, but we did get to taste them all and they were all delicious! I came home with 3.5 pounds of apples, and turned most of them into an apple pie (not pictured, because we've already eaten it!)


However, I do have a card to share. I dug through my clear stamp sets and came across a whole set that I hadn't used yet! I always need birthday cards, so I made up a quickie with it.

















Supplies: Card base by Bazzill, "Baby Boy Small Green Dot" paper by DCWV, Blue #2 paper by DCWV, stamp from "Bird Day Designs" by Hero Arts, sentiment part of "Celebration Sayings" by Saltbox Studio, and colored with Copics.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Apples, yummy! We have honeycrisp ready for eating here! Nice blog, glad I found it.