Monday, April 12, 2010

Has a Week Gone By Already?

I realize this is about a week late, but how was your Easter?

Mine was quite food-filled. On Saturday, hubby and I went on a culinary adventure to the East Bay. We checked out a restaurant supply store, had lunch at the Home of Chicken and Waffles (a combination that has always baffled me, but that hubby loves), and then went to the most amazing grocery store, Berkeley Bowl West. Needless to say, we came home with all sorts of fun and unusual goodies to try and to cook. We made snickerdoodles, chili, lentil soup and egg salad sandwiches (with the hard-boiled eggs I had decorated for Easter).

Speaking of decorated eggs, here was our most successful attempt:














We used a basic Paas egg-dying kit with electrical tape, a la Martha Stewart (although hers came out a lot better than ours did).

I spent most of last week playing with my newest toys, the Cricut and the Sure Cuts a Lot software. It's amazing! I can cut any shape I'm able to draw in Adobe Illustrator. In fact, here's one of my first cuts:













I threw this card together using scraps I had around my workspace, but I'm really looking forward to playing with Cricut and SCAL some more.

See you soon!

No comments: