Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thanks Snow Much!

Hi there, and happy Tuesday! Did you Americans have a good Labor Day? I had a very relaxing one. I went up to Oroville, CA (near Chico) and spent the weekend with family, eating WAY too much and just enjoying the holiday.

Did you know that Labor Day is in honor of all laborers, and that the labor unions were the ones that got us weekends? I for one know that I'm grateful for weekends, so yay for labor unions and yay for Labor Day!

While I'm in thanking mode, I should also thank you, my blog readers. This is my 200th post, and I am grateful to every one of you that leave comments. So thanks!

Here's a thank you card I recently came up with.















When the new Christmas images from A Muse came out in July, I immediately gravitated toward this stamp, but I couldn't figure out how to use it for the longest time. Then, it came to me: backgrounds!

I stamped the image multiple times on blue cardstock with dark blue ink, and added some highlighting and some extra dots with a white fine tip Sharpie. A few pieces for a focal point, and a card was born.

Have a great day!

No comments: