Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is a very special day because it's my aunt's birthday! She's a fabulous lady, with a great laugh and the love of a great manhattan cocktail (which I can't even swallow!). Anyway, I thought I'd try and make her a card that's as classy as she is.

Here's my card:


















I originally saw this idea on a card by Julie Ebersole and I just fell in love. It's so simple, but it looks so complicated! I love stamps like Mini Flower that are so versatile. The sentiment is by Denami Designs, and I drew in the stem myself.

And, on a sidenote, come enter a sketch challenge hosted by Tracy Clemente! This week, she's celebrating a year of sketches by giving away $52 to a stamp store of your choice! I'm hoping to enter 10 cards (ambitious, I know), but all it takes is one to win! Come join us!

No comments: