Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, Monday. . .

Hello there, and happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? I did. The weather out here has been strangely warm, which bodes badly for our water levels but great for outdoor fun.

I went for a walk along the Tiburon waterfront. With views of the San Francisco skyline, this is where all the rich and famous people live. Can you imagine waking up to views like this?









Anyway, after the walk (and some errand running), I finally cleared my head enough to get started on my ATCs.

**Spoiler alert! Stop reading here if you're participating in Kim's Valentine's Day ATC swap and want to be surprised.**

I signed up to participate in not one but two ATC swaps that are coming due this month. I just mailed off the first set, and I thought I'd share how they turned out.














These ones are for Kim's Valentine's Day-themed A Muse ATC swap. Kim's a stamping "neighbor" of mine (she lives across the Bay in a different direction), so of course I had to participate. The patterned paper is by 3 Bugs in a Rug and it's called Sugar Cane I thought it would be fun to do some bright colors but keep the pink and this paper fit the bill. The stamps are both by A Muse. The sheer ribbon is also by A Muse, and the gemstones are by Mrs. Grossman's. I colored in my little monsters with Copics and glittered up their hearts with Christmas Red Stickles.

As I work on my ATCs, I always end up with funny little scraps; this time, it was skinny strips of my patterned paper. I thought I'd try and use them to make a card for Kim.













Since they were out on my desk, I used all of the same "ingredients" for my card, except of course the addition of my thank you sentiment.

Well, off to do that second set of ATCs, this time for Lee Anne's swap. There's still spaces if you want to sign up!

No comments: