Friday, January 30, 2009

woof.

Well, it turns out that taking care of a dog is much more work than I thought it would be! Toby is constantly pulling, biting, chewing, peeing, and just generally tearing up the house, so he needs a lot of attention and love. It's a good thing he's such a cutie, eh?











Anyway, a few of my friends got us treats and things for the new puppy, so of course I had to figure out how to stamp dog-themed items. What a whole new world this is!

Here is my first attempt at quickie dog thank you notes:








They're nothing super-special, I drew out a template for my dog bones, and then stamped the "woof" on with Hero Arts Designer Alphabet.

I also needed to do some non dog-themed thank yous, so I did a few Asian cards. I adore the Japanese kokeshi dolls that Hero Arts came out with, but this was my first time inking one up.













The sentiment is one of the first stamps I ever purchased, and it's called Swirly Thank You by Judi-Kins. The background stamp is an old one by Stampin' Up.

TIP: Have you ever wondered how a certain color ink will look on colored paper? Use a small stamp and stamp on the card behind where one of your panels will be. I tested out three green inks on this card by stamping them right in the middle, then hid them by putting the sentiment over it.

I'm also trying to come up with a few more Valentine's day cards, so here's another quickie.













I used my favorite little Cupid stamp and a piece of patterned paper I picked up at Paper Garden to go along the base. The ribbon is from Michael's.

Well, I'd better go and see what Toby's gotten into now. Have a great weekend!

No comments: