Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Do You See?

It's definitely Valentine card-making season. I was walking through Michael's last week, and the employees were frantically yanking Christmas things off the shelves and replacing them with fun pink Valentine's Day stuff.

Did you know that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays of the year? I just love that it's a holiday dedicated to love. Personally, I like to expand on Valentine's Day and recognize all of the people I work with and am friends with, because they mean a lot to me too! So, I'm starting early and making LOTS of cards.

Here's my first card:










And here's the reason for the title of this post: What do you see? I made this card one evening while I was watching a movie with my husband and his best friend. I turned to ask my husband a question about the layout, and his friend asked me, "What are those, Rorschach tests?" To me, they're quite obviously Cupids, but I was horrified. Can you tell what they are?

This card is actually for Taylor's weekly Cupcake Challenge. I haven't participated in one in FOREVER (see HERE), but it's a new year and I'm determined to play more!

Even though it looks simple, I think this card was a bit tricky to make. The biggest challenge was how to make the circles appear to "hang" using the ribbon.

I'm sure there's an easier way, but to make mine, I stamped and punched out the circles first. Then, I cut three 6 inch pieces of ribbon, and glued them between the punched layers. I then attached pop dots behind each circle and stuck them where I wanted them on the patterned paper (with the ribbons hanging off the top of course!). I then taped the ribbon ends behind the patterned paper, and adhered the whole thing to the notecard. As a finishing touch, I tied on the bows.

The stamps are all A Muse, and the papers are all Memory Box. Stay tuned for more Valentine's Day cards!

No comments: