Monday, September 15, 2008

Bon Voyage!

Well, it's a sad day in Mudville. My best friend (and maid of honor at my wedding last year), is leaving next week to go to Australia for five months. I know she'll be back before I know it, but I'm still sad. We talk and/or e-mail almost every day, so it'll get real quiet in my world for a while.

At any rate, I came up with a couple of different card designs for her, and this is one of them. I got the Sky Writer stamp a while back, but I recently remembered it when Cityscape came out as part of Amuseapalooza. What better way to send a message than to write it in the sky!

So, here's my card:



I masked off the steam trail and drew the banner in with a super-thin Copic multiliner and a thicker Micron pen. The sentiment is part of Rubber Soul's clear travel set. Of course, planes are made of metal, so I went over it with my clear Spica to give it some zing.
Supplies: Card base by A Muse, navy blue paper by Bazzill, white paper by Neenah, Cityscape and Sky Writer by A Muse, sentiment by Rubber Soul. Colored with Prismacolor Muted Turquoise, Prismacolor Orange, and Copic Powder Pink.

No comments: