Sunday, May 18, 2008

Git 'Er Done!

After I posted on Saturday, I spent the rest of the day thinking about what else needed doing. I realized I needed at least two cards this week, and for once, I thought I'd try and get them done early! So, here are my two cards. In truth, I've had the ideas for the first one kicking around in my head for a while. Ever since I saw the "From Our Home" clear set in the Hero Arts catalog, I knew I had to have it. So, I made a special trip over to Berkeley to pick one up at Scrapbook Territory last weekend. This card is pretty much a 100% case of a card that was in the catalog, but it was so darn cute I couldn't resist.

















This other card fits the phrase, "Necessity is the mother of invention." Earlier this week, I received a gift from a friend's parents. Michelle's dad grows Japanese maples from seeds off of a tree he's had forever in the backyard, and I was the happy recipient of one of his babies. My first instinct was to go with the aptly named, "Tree" stamp by Amuse. However, my trusty stamp is nowhere to be found! (It suddenly occurs to me that between this post and the VMAA in April, I may need to clean my craft room!) Anyway, time to cut to Plan B. Back in the fall, I snagged some Autumn Leaves stamps at Target that were all different types of leaves. Those, coupled with one of the stamps from Stampin' Up's "Much Appreciated" set, helped me make a leaf-themed thank you note. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

No comments: