Thursday, August 12, 2010

To A Deer Friend



One of my friends is away at camp this week, so I thought I'd send her a little mail. I love this little deer (who's actually a Rudolph, but shh! don't tell!) and the silhouette trees provide the perfect backdrop for him. I had tried masking him and stamping the trees behind him, but I didn't get the detail that I had wanted. So, I ended up stamping him on a separate piece of paper, trimming him out and attaching him to the tree panel.



Just for fun, I also decorated the outside of my envelope to match my card. I just stamped Rudy again on the outside, and colored him with my Copics (keeping a Post-it on the inside to prevent bleed-through to the back).

Hope she likes it!

1 comment:

Laura Petruso said...

So cute!! Love that you used a Christmas stamp for something other than Christmas!! I love flexibility!