Thursday, June 24, 2010

Almost a One Layer Card. . .



















There is really no way to describe how hard one layer cards are for me. They’re so mind-bogglingly challenging, they’re like my kryptonite. The few times I’ve done them, the cards I’ve made look. . . naked! So, it should come as a surprise to no one that this month’s A Muse challenge “Taking Off Some Layers,” really had me stumped.

I finally settled on using the Car Load stamp to make a simple birthday card. I figured by drawing the frame it would give some cohesiveness to my design, but even then, I just couldn’t walk away. It still needed something. So I broke down and added the purple present after the fact.

Is it truly a one layer card? I’m not sure. All I know is, this is probably the most minimalist card I’ve ever made. Now I’m off to mail the darn thing before I feel compelled to add something else to it.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Carly said...

This is simply so cute! Adorable!

Sarah said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the extra little gift bouncing along behind the car.