Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sending You Sunshine

Good afternoon! Did you have a good Monday night?

Monday nights are going out nights for me. My husband and his best friend have had a long-standing tradition of Monday Movie Nights. Every Monday, they do dinner and then go see a movie. I tag along most weeks, although I don't always see the movie. This week, we had dinner at an old-school Italian restaurant in Corte Madera and then saw the new Pixar movie, Up.

Up was cute, but the content was a little bit more adult than I expected. Without giving too much away, there was some death (that almost made my husband cry), and some pretty mean creatures. I don't know if I would take a child to it, but as a twenty-something viewer, it was pretty enjoyable. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 stamps. (I figure my ratings should be appropriate to my hobbies!)

Anyway, on to today's card. This card is reflective of an unfortunate trend in my world lately. Last week, a former co-worker passed away from colon cancer, and just yesterday, I heard that the Dean of Students at my former high school passed away from pancreatic cancer. So, it seems that sympathy cards are in my future.













I started by laying down the uninked long grass stamp about an inch above the bottom of my white cardstock. With it there, I eyeballed where the biggest gaps were in the grass, and stamped my purple flowers. Then (because I'm crazy), I stamped the flowers again on post-its, cut all six of the tiny things out and masked the ones on my cardstock. I stamped the grass stamp, and voila! The tiny butterfly and sentiment are also by A Muse. I made a little trail for him by dotting with my Copic Multi-liner.

Have a great day, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: