Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It Snuck Up on Me, I Swear!

Well, despite my best efforts, Valentine's Day snuck up on me like a ninja in the dark. How does that always seem to happen?

I think I got sidetracked with my blue ATCs (you can go HERE for more information), but I hit a roadblock with them. More on that later.

I'm working hard at trying to get caught up for the big V-Day, and one of my goals was to come up with treats for my volunteers and co-workers.

A stamping friend (Hi Pat!) had e-mailed me a link to this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers, and when I saw it, I knew I had to do it. A meeting I was supposed to be at until 11pm last night got postponed at the last minute, and I suddenly had time to get them made.

Here's a few of them:








I made them all using Bazzill paper for the base and then Stampin' Up chocolate chip designer paper for the wrapper. I love that they package together several different patterns in the same color scheme. It makes coordinating things so much easier! The scalloped circle is cut out of sparkly Paper Company paper that I got at Michael's, and the sentiment was created in Adobe InDesign and printed in color. If you're interested in getting the sentiment as a PDF, make a comment on this post.

Here's how you open it to get your treats!













The directions said 4 Ghirardelli chocolates could fit in the box, but I kept it to three with some wiggle room.

Now, onto my actual Valentines. I figure if I can get them in the mail tomorrow morning, they can make it to where they need to go by V-Day. So, I'll be working on them tonight and hopefully blogging about them tomorrow! Ciao!

No comments: