Monday, January 12, 2009

Basic Birthday Cards. . .

As I was putting up my 2009 calendar last week, it occurred to me that I want to get back in the habit of sending birthday cards. But in order to do that, first I need a collection of simple birthday cards to choose from, right? This week, I came up with three quickies that will be easy to replicate and add to my stash.

For my first card, I used one of my long-neglected stamps, Birthday Girl.













This card is actually for one of Tracy's sketch challenges, which you can find HERE. The notecard is one I found in a bin at Scrapbook Territory, but I'm pretty sure it's a Memory Box notecard. The patterned paper is actually also Memory Box, from the Romance collection, and funny enough, the pink Bazzill cardstock is called Romance as well. The ribbon is A Muse sheer white, which you'll be seeing more of this week. I'm loving the sheer right now!

I find that one of the hidden benefits of cleaning up my craft space is re-discovering older stamps that I had fallen in love with. Right now, I'm trying to decide how to store all of my wood-mounted stamps.

One idea I had was to use those 12x12 plastic storage containers that Michael's sells for scrapbooking paper. Those boxes allowed me to see a LOT of my stamps at once, but the boxes are deep and I couldn't decide how I would set up a second layer in them that would still allow me to see the images on the first layer.

Then this weekend, I came across a clear plastic photo organizer that might also work. So, I'm trying them both out for the time being to see which one I like more.

How do you store your stamps?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This came out wonderful Teresa! I'm so glad you had a chance to play along this week. I can never get enough of these adorable Elzybells!
Take care,
Tracy